Mount Etna (Sicily) | Walking Map | 1: 50,000 | GLOBAL MAP
Stock Status: Sold Out
One of a series of detailed topographical hiking maps covering Mount Etna and the surrounding area from Moio Alcantara, Taormina and Giardini-Naxos in the north, to south of Catania, with an inset extending the coverage along the coast to include the Riserva Naturale Oasi del Simeto.
The map is double-sided and includes a wealth of information on recreational pursuits including hiking, climbing, biking, caving, canoeing, paragliding and diving. These include:
• a selection of hiking trails graded into easy, moderate and difficult, including brief descriptions of 12 selected routes
• alpine itineraries, also graded according to the degree of difficulty
• climbing sites
• lava caves graded into easy and difficult to access
• 23 mountain bike trails, listed in a table showing their length, ascent, etc.
• 17 diving sites with brief descriptions
• 4 paragliding sites, also with brief descriptions
• kayaking and rafting routes, graded according to difficulty and indicating obstructions, dangerous points, etc.
• alpine and cross country ski routes
• the locations of mountain refuges, beaches, bird watching sites, notable trees, etc.
• boundaries of Mount Etna National Park (Parco dell’Etna) and other scenic protected areas
The map includes contours and relief shading and also shows lava fields (including dates of eruptions) plus the names and locations of many smaller peaks and craters. The road network is also clearly marked and railway lines and stations are shown. Text: Italian and English.
978 1 85879 7281
97cm x 67cm